Odds are high that you are either hosting or heading to some sort of party over the next two weeks. There will likely be wine and snacks and you’ll likely be tasked with preparing a little something. While cookies and chocolates will certainly suffice, what you really want is something super easy, something that’s light enough that it won’t weigh you down or discourage you from sampling all of the other goodies, something that (obviously) pairs perfectly with a glass of wine.
Enter these parmesan black pepper crisps. They’re crunchy, cheesy, a bit spicy, a little salty and just perfect with a glass of red. They’re also insanely easy to make — two ingredients and five minutes in the oven are all you need to make these happen. Plus, they’re naturally gluten-free, which is a total added bonus. These crisps are the perfect party appetizer, if you’re willing to part with them. (I’ll be honest, I ate about 10 in the process of making them … )
Hope your holidays are merry and bright!
- 3 cups grated parmesan (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the parmesan and the black pepper in a large bowl.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, patting them down slightly to make round crisps.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, until the edges are golden. Use a flexible spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.